Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 15: Comic Con 2014

As I missed last year's comic con, this year I was not fully ready (with all dressed up in my favorite comic con dress), but yes ready for comic con.Yesterday I went with my friends to live the childhood again and to get the feel of comic con.

It was good experience, although the ambiance could be more lively and creative, until and unless, you won't stand at the stall you won't get the feel of the comic con despite of  few hoardings here and there.

The most impressive was the enthusiasm of the young people coming full dress up in the costume of their favorite comic character.You can see from Chacha Choaudry to Jack the Pirates, from super lady to Cat woman, and all ready to get clicked by you and with you too,but what bring smile to my face was seeing old people in the comic con,at first, my thought was that these are just having their Sunday outing but the enthusiasm was showing different story which was not less than the young kids and very impressive.

Likewise many old-peoples , many of them were parents of the youngsters came to Comic Con , they also were so much excited to be the part of such fun.If the parents are able to understand, enjoy and support their kids for a career which is beyond "explanatory" career then for sure the day is  not far when India will also have creative career as prestigious as being engineer/doctors.

As in 3 idiots was - "Mera beta Engineer banega"!!.Today after seeing so many parents with the same enthusiasm as their kid were having in moving ahead and taking the career of Artist, Graphic Designer, painter etc. I am believing very soon these creative domain will also be as prestigious as the engineers/doctors.

I still remember , when I informed my dad after finishing my college that I want to be designer, at that time he only do understand designer means- " Fashion-DESIGNER " not GRAPHIC/WEB designer, for them my drawing , coloring interest was mere a hobby and they till date give me expression of shocked when they get to know the price of  my expensive colors.

Today after seeing so many young kids getting support from their parents for the career which if off-beat for they it makes me feel to say thank you to them.

Below are the some glimpse of the Comic Con 2014 see you next year!!









No comments:

Post a Comment